Ice Cream Maker, Patissier, Pastry Chef at Katchi Ice Cream (m, w, x)
20, 30, 40 hours/ week
Katchi is a Tamil Indian word meaning “happy moment”. That’s exactly what we want to give to people with our ice cream creations.
What we’re looking for:
- People who love ice cream almost as much as their mummy, their best friend, their dog or cat
- You have completed formal training as a pastry chef, chef or ice cream maker or have 3-4 years of professional experience in the ice cream kitchen
- You are creative, responsible, and conscientious.
- You can work in a hot environment, lift heavy weights, use your hands, and use large machines
- You speak either fluent German, English, or both
- Planning our digitally supported ice cream production
- Ordering, receival and storage of raw materials/ingredients
- Production of ice cream (milk ice cream / sorbets and vegan) according to our existing and self developed recipes
- Preparation of sauces, coulis and chocolate decorations
- Design and manufacturing of artistic ice cream sculptures
- Creating new ice cream recipes, weekly specials
- Keeping production area and machines clean according to the HACCP concept
- Year-round employment with a permanent contract
- 27 days of vacation and fair pay
- Very good development opportunities in an innovative, growing company, e.g. for production management
- Ice cream and drinks for free and of course a great, cooperative team and a family-like atmosphere
- Further benefits after the trial period, such as an e-bike as a company bike, 3 personal development days p.a., paid further education
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the Apply function.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Conny from the Katchi Ice Cream Team
Not for you, but for someone you know?
Share this job
Other open positions:
As a Store Manager you run Katchi as if it is your own baby. You take care of the Service employees during onboarding, plan their shifts and you manage store operations like customer requests, inventory and reporting.
As a kitchen porter you are ensuring that production runs smoothly by assisting the Ice Cream maker. You prepare all needed tools, fill up raw materials, prepare ingredients and keep the Ice Cream lab tidy, clean and organized.
When customers are rushing in to have ice cream our scoopers keep it cool. You make peoples day by handing over moments of joy and happiness, which is also what the word „Katchi“ stands for.
When customers need some other ice cream desserts to make their day, e.g. Ice Cream sundaes, Bubble waffles, an Affogato, Eiskaffee or a Cappuccino, our Service Pros help them choose and know how to prepare those special dessert.